Sunday, May 27, 2012

Recipe: Memorial Day BBQ

Okay...  In spite of the Crap-Tastic weather, I am sending hubs out into the (BRRRRR!) cold to fire up the grill and BBQ some pork short ribs...

"Can't you, like, smoke them in your smoker?!"

"Uhh, NO!"

Smoker's good for big slabs o' ribs, and big fat roasts.  Not so good for more "tender" cuts of meat like short ribs so "Suck it up, Buttercup!" ;-)

I did marinate the "Country Style" pork short ribs in a mixture of (appx) 1 cup of apple-juice, 1/8 cup of "Hickory" liquid smoke, 1/4 cup of "Sweet Baby Ray's" Sweet 'n Spicy BBQ sauce, and prob'ly about 4 TBS of BBQ Seasoning (No clue what brand - it was more-or-less "generic" from the local restaurant supply store).  

I let 'em marinate for appx 4 hours, in a zip-lock baggie in the fridge, and now I'll coat 'em with a dry-rub of McCormick's Grill-Mates Pork BBQ Rub, and have Hubs toss 'em on the grill - with some fresh rosemary sprigs:

  Yummmmm!!!!
(Smells positively freaking DIVINE!!!)

Sear 'em, then heat on "low" til they're fully cooked...  And then, maybe, schmear on some Sweet Baby Rays' BBQ sauce toward the end... (Yummmm!!!)

In the meantime, I have made my "Catalina Cole Slaw" and I am in the process, now, of cooking some "Jiffy" Corn Muffins (per package directions + 1 small [~8 oz can] of corn).

I'll also nuke a couple-three ears of corn per my earlier post here...

And I'll heat-up a big ol' can o' Bush's Baked Beans....................

Dinnnnnerrrrrr!!!!!!!!
(Yum!)

And lastly, for dessert, we shall nosh on yesterday's Strawberry Rhubarb Pie!

Yep.  Even if the weather *isn't* cooperating, I'm calling this a 'Most Delicious Memorial-Day Weekend!!!'



1 comment:

Roger M said...

It was a VERY good dinner, Dear!

 


View my page on Meet the Phlockers