Monday, August 22, 2011

Peach Blueberry Pies are DEEEE-LISH!

Okay, I'm keeping my word - AGAIN - and posting a follow-up on my Peach Pie Adventure (Man, that takes some serious effort to drag out simple pie-making into three separate posts!)

Here is a crappy Droid pic of my not-very-pretty, but-trust-me-it's-ohhhh-soooo-delicious pie!

Crappy pic on a Paper-Plate, no less!
(all the dishes are in the dishwasher, okay?! Jeeeeez!!!)

Final Verdict: Perfecto-mundo! I wouldn't change a thing in the recipe! There was enough Tapioca to make it "set-up" properly. Okay, the first couple of slices goozed a bit - but that's cuz DH was being impatient and didn't want to wait for the pies to fully cool (That's right - Blame the Spouse! 'Cuz Gawd-knows *I* put up such a huge fight when he wanted me to slice into it!). Pre-baking the bottom crust: Not necessary! I was afraid I'd end up with a soggy-bottom (and dont'cha just *hate* Soggy Bottoms?!). Didn't happen! Flavor is sweet and slightly tangy. Definitely delicious! Now go out, pick some peaches and blueberries and bake this pie for yourself!!!

Someday, maybe, I'll figure out how to make "pretty pies" - but for now I'm just happy with "Stupendously Delicious!"

In other news: I pillaged my garden again, today. Here's today's haul:

Yep - there are still a *few* peaches left on the tree. Not many.

And I really have to "watch my step" out there 'cuz there's a BUNCH that are rotting on the ground :::sigh:::

I think I'll be able to squeeze out a small batch of Freezer Jam - but after that, we are done.

And the 'maters...????

Oh, Good Gawd, the 'Maters!!!

I ended up consolidating the last couple-three days' worth of harvested maters. They filled my new Ginormous Bucket. I tried putting them on my Kitchen Scale. No-Can-Do! Had to put 'em on my bathroom scale. That's 12.8 lbs of 'maters from just the last three days!!! With MORE on the way!!!

I think there will be some sauce-making action............

So there you have it!
  • Peach-Blueberry Pie = Delicious.
  • Peaches = Almost Done.
  • Tomatoes = Completely F*cking Insane....
  • QT = Happy :-D

No comments:

 


View my page on Meet the Phlockers