I didn't like my additions, but I recall the ORIGINAL recipe was "To Die For" so I will re-post it here:
QT's Crust-less Asparagus Quiche
- appx 1 to 1-1/2 cups of fresh asparagus, cut into 1" chunks
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 eggs (if you choose to use a crust, cut it back to 4 eggs)
- 6 slices muenster cheese (chopped 'til it's like shredded)
- 1 cup cream
- 2 Tbs sour cream
- Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- French-fried crunchy onions
- Nuke the asparagus 'til al dente
- Beat the eggs, add the cream and a couple dashes of Lawry's
- Add the sour cream
- Fold in the "shredded" muenster cheese
- Put the asparagus and mushrooms (I think I might saute the shrooms, lightly, in olive oil - next time!) in a greased pie pan (or pre-baked pie-crust)
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the top
Bake in a pre-heated 375* oven. About 10 minutes before it's done, add crunchy onions and nutmeg to the top and continue baking 'til the center is "set."
I cooked mine in the convection oven for appx 45 minutes.
Allow to cool before serving
Sorry - No pics this time around. But trust me when I say this recipe was delicious *and* beautiful!!!