Friday, February 17, 2012

Recipe: Crustless Asparagus Quiche

Okay... I made this for myself a couple of years ago. Decided to re-make it with a few additions/modifications a couple of days ago.

I didn't like my additions, but I recall the ORIGINAL recipe was "To Die For" so I will re-post it here:

QT's Crust-less Asparagus Quiche

Ingredients:
  • appx 1 to 1-1/2 cups of fresh asparagus, cut into 1" chunks
  • 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 5 eggs (if you choose to use a crust, cut it back to 4 eggs)
  • 6 slices muenster cheese (chopped 'til it's like shredded)
  • 1 cup cream
  • 2 Tbs sour cream
  • Lawry's Seasoning Salt
  • Nutmeg
  • French-fried crunchy onions
Instructions:
  1. Nuke the asparagus 'til al dente
  2. Beat the eggs, add the cream and a couple dashes of Lawry's
  3. Add the sour cream
  4. Fold in the "shredded" muenster cheese
  5. Put the asparagus and mushrooms (I think I might saute the shrooms, lightly, in olive oil - next time!) in a greased pie pan (or pre-baked pie-crust)
  6. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the top

Bake in a pre-heated 375* oven. About 10 minutes before it's done, add crunchy onions and nutmeg to the top and continue baking 'til the center is "set."

I cooked mine in the convection oven for appx 45 minutes.

Allow to cool before serving

Sorry - No pics this time around. But trust me when I say this recipe was delicious *and* beautiful!!!

No comments:

 


View my page on Meet the Phlockers