And through it all: All I wanted was some LUNCH!
I swear this recipe should only take about 10 minutes to prepare - yet it ended up taking me four goddamn hours!!!
Anyway, enough bitching, here's the recipe:
QT's Cranapple Chicken Salad
Makes enough for maybe 6-8 sandwiches (maybe??)
- Cold leftover Rotisserie Chicken (that I bought yesterday 'cuz I was too lazy to cook. Then I only ate the two drumsticks!)
- 2 Tbs red onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 stalks of celery, mediumly chopped
- 2-3 generous Tbs of Cranapple Jam
- 1 generous handful (maybe 1/3 cup?) dried cranberries (Craisins)
- 1 generous handful (again ~1/3 cup?) toasted sliced almonds (I used Almond Accents Original Flavor - but Honey-Roast might be good, too)
- Buttload of mayonnaise (I didn't measure!)
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dry rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- Strip the usable meat off the leftover chicken. Toss the bones and skin (or better yet - throw 'em in a pot and make chicken stock. I was too pressed for time to deal with that today).
- Chop the chicken meat into small chunks (1/4-1/2").
- Mix in the chopped onion and celery.
- Add the dried seasonings.
- Plunk-in the cranberry-apple jam, dried cranberries and almonds.
- Mix everything up with a fork then start blorping the mayonnaise in.
- Keep blorping and mixing until it reaches a chicken-salady consistency.
- Put it in a container in the fridge for an hour or so - to let the flavors meld...
I actually made a sandwich out of mine, immediately (I was freaking starving!!) and it was delicious.
I just snacked on a little bit of it - after it had been in the fridge for awhile - and now it's even better!
Okay... I'm all packed and ready to go, first thing tomorrow morning. I think I'd better attempt to wind-down now and go to bed!