Friday, December 5, 2008

Day #3 - Not *quite* done yet!

...But definitely getting there!

It occured to me that my "Living Room" shot from the other day didn't truly capture the Pure Pandemonium we are enduring right now. So let's try that again, shall we?


Honestly, it's getting to where *I'm* feeling frazzled - and I am normally pretty "flexible" where this kinda stuff is concerned! I am READY for this to be done already!!!

But, alas, it's not!

WorkBee-V showed up again bright-n-early this morning, and immediately got started with ripping out the bottom of the under-sink cabinet. It looked pretty nasty down there, but it wasn't wet or rotted (but it definitely HAD been extremely wet at some point!). Anyway, we now have a shiny new base down there (and yes, they're going to paint the rest of the interior white).

Here's a "during the destruction" shot:

By the end of the day, WorkerBee-V had "faced" everything. The doors and drawer-fronts aren't up yet, and they need to paint the "inside edges" of the cabinets (I took a door to Home Depot and got a quart of "color-match" paint). They'll also paint the undersides of the cabinets to match...

Here are some more pics of "End-Of-The-Day."

Upper-Near-The-Sink Cabinets:

Lower-Near-The-Sink Cabinet (and pretty white base!):

One more shot "most of the kitchen" at the end of the day.


It's already about a bazillion times brighter in here!!!

I was hoping I could spend the weekend re-stocking the cabinets and reclaiming my living room. But since I've got shelf liners I want to put down (NOT contact paper! Rubbery-Grip stuff), and since there's more painting to be done (and I don't want the liners painted!), I think it's best that I just buck-up and deal with the mess for a few more days....... :::sigh:::

Monday, they come back and finish the job - Yayyy!!! (I am sooooo ready!)

No comments:

 


View my page on Meet the Phlockers