Thursday, February 2, 2012

Quickie Recipe: Cranapple Chicken Salad (Yum!).

Okay, so today was pretty hectic what with packing... "Oh sh*t! I have no clean clothes!!" Okay LAUNDRY... Then packing... And working (Jeez, my clients were soooo demanding today! You'd think they paid me or somethin'!)... And hubs coming home for lunch... And more client demands... Then the maid showed up, which meant I had to go hide-out in The Shack...

Whine-Whine-Whine!

And through it all: All I wanted was some LUNCH!

I swear this recipe should only take about 10 minutes to prepare - yet it ended up taking me four goddamn hours!!!

Anyway, enough bitching, here's the recipe:

QT's Cranapple Chicken Salad
Makes enough for maybe 6-8 sandwiches (maybe??)

Ingredients:
  • Cold leftover Rotisserie Chicken (that I bought yesterday 'cuz I was too lazy to cook. Then I only ate the two drumsticks!)
  • 2 Tbs red onion, finely chopped
  • 2-3 stalks of celery, mediumly chopped
  • 2-3 generous Tbs of Cranapple Jam
  • 1 generous handful (maybe 1/3 cup?) dried cranberries (Craisins)
  • 1 generous handful (again ~1/3 cup?) toasted sliced almonds (I used Almond Accents Original Flavor - but Honey-Roast might be good, too)
  • Buttload of mayonnaise (I didn't measure!)
  • 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp dry rubbed sage
  • 1/2 tsp celery seeds
Instructions
  1. Strip the usable meat off the leftover chicken. Toss the bones and skin (or better yet - throw 'em in a pot and make chicken stock. I was too pressed for time to deal with that today).
  2. Chop the chicken meat into small chunks (1/4-1/2").
  3. Mix in the chopped onion and celery.
  4. Add the dried seasonings.
  5. Plunk-in the cranberry-apple jam, dried cranberries and almonds.
  6. Mix everything up with a fork then start blorping the mayonnaise in.
  7. Keep blorping and mixing until it reaches a chicken-salady consistency.
  8. Put it in a container in the fridge for an hour or so - to let the flavors meld...
I actually made a sandwich out of mine, immediately (I was freaking starving!!) and it was delicious.

I just snacked on a little bit of it - after it had been in the fridge for awhile - and now it's even better!

Enjoy!

Okay... I'm all packed and ready to go, first thing tomorrow morning. I think I'd better attempt to wind-down now and go to bed!


No comments:

 


View my page on Meet the Phlockers