Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Another Gorgeous Day!

But thankfully, rain is on the way...

Once I wrapped up my work-day, I was able to get out in the yard again. I managed to dump a bag of "Stinky-Poo" steer manure on my raised veggie bed and mix it in with the dead leaves I dumped the other day. Now PLEASE give us LOTS of rain so all of this will break down into a nice, fluffy humus!

I also managed to hack-down a BIG Purple Fountain Grass (well, now it's more like a Big Brown Fountain Grass!), and hauled that into the Green Bin (Compost bins are full, unfortunately - until I find the energy to turn the piles and harvest the finished stuff on the bottom!).

It's definitely slow-going ("Sux getting old!"), but it's most definitely "Progress!"

Then I sat out back, sipping a sugar-free margarita, and thoroughly enjoying the - dare I say it?! - WARM weather. It actually hit 72* today - but it was probably in the mid-60's by the time I got out there. Beats the heck out of snow!!! ;-)~~

I still have a couple-three more ornamental beds to clear out. But these are my "Wild-Jungle-Beds" so if I leave 'em natural, that's okay too!

And I do want to do some *serious* amending/mounding out by the back-gate so I'll have a place to plant my Jumbo Pumpkins. That's gonna require a trek to Home Depot, I think, b/c I don't have nearly enough compost to do the job...

In the meantime, I'll be starting some seedlings in the house - so I think things are still on-track for my summer garden.

Now, just let it rain and rain and rain!!!!

No comments:

 


View my page on Meet the Phlockers